Friday, October 15, 2010

Self-Assesment

As I sat and read my blogs, I realized that my writing has evolved into something that has been long awaited by me and my English teacher in high school. I now incorporate details and emotion into my writings and one of those emotions I recognized included anger. I wrote many blogs about minorities in society, groups of people who are often times discriminated against. These minorities include Black people and homosexuals. Understanding that this topic was very prevalent in my blogs, I realized that I care about the public and I desire to be a voice for those who cannot speak up for themselves. I was surprised when I read about how passionate I felt about a topic that has been frowned upon by society for so long; homosexuals in the army. I was proud of myself for speaking up for what I believe to be right and I am happy that I used my voice for something positive. Although I was a little skeptical about blogging every week, I have come to value my chance to speak up and say exactly what is on my mind.
Research papers have never been a favorite of mine to write. I never looked forward to conducting research and citing my sources because the process seemed so tedious to me. When Dr. Diaz announced to my English class that we were going to have numerous research papers to write my heart dropped and my eyes closed. However, I had no choice but to complete each assignment. Little did I know, I would soon warm up to writing research papers. As of now, I love conducting research because in the process of it I learn new things. I am comfortable with using technology now because I am so used to conducting research. A weakness of mine is citing sources fully and thoroughly, however, I am strong in the area of doing research. I’m proud that I have evolved so much in my English class and I plan to grow so much more in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment