Friday, December 3, 2010

Final Self Assessment

Looking back on all of my blogs I realize that I write about issues that affect minorities. By seeing this, I realize that I truly have the desire to help those who cannot help themselves. The major theme that reoccurs in my writing is injustice. It angers me and I become affronted when I read of it. My posts concerning these injustices have changed. At first I was jus angry that the injustices occur and in my recent posts I realize that I am actually speaking about taking action to help prevent injustices. This change is due to my college experience. At Howard I am taught to put my words into actions and take control of an issue. I must take the issue by the horns and control it that way if I truly wish to see change. It surprised me to see that I felt so strongly about issues that others see as unimportant. Although I was surprised I was very elated to see that what others think about me does not matter and that I spoke up for what I believe in. I feel the need to revisit my letter for awareness. The issue of gun violence is so important to me. I lost my cousin to a gun and I really don’t want anyone else feeling the pain I feel every day. I love blogging and I am happy we were required to do it in this course. It helped me voice my opinion and in the end I always felt better.
Writing research papers on the other hand I find a little difficult. Considering the amount of time I spend in class I understand why. Unfortunately I was very busy this semester, juggling work, school work, family, expenses, drama and my new life on my own. I see this though as a lesson and a time that I learned what to do and what not to do. I realize that I must spend more time in the library and online actually researching not just on Facebook or in a textbook.  I also should have consulted with my professor more during her office hours. I feel like my class participation was good. I always had something to say and I believe I articulated it well. If possible I would start over and gain an A in this course because I know I could. My attendance and failure to not attend office hours resulted in my shortcomings. I feel like I could have learned more about writing however I do believe that I learned a great deal in this course. I use technology much better now and I view things with a broader perspective, traits important for me to possess since I desire to become a lawyer. Thank you Dr. Diaz for your enlightenment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment